How many hours is Taupo from Auckland?
|Auckland – Taupo||3.5 hours|
|New Plymouth – Taupo||3.5 hours|
|Palmerston North – Taupo||3.5 hours|
|Rotorua – Taupo||1 hour|
|Wellington – Taupo||4.5 hours|
Where should I stop between Auckland and Taupo?
Best stops along Auckland to Taupo drive
- Man O’ War Vineyards. Intimate beachfront winery featuring a tasting room, casual bites & a dog-friendly lawn/picnic area.
- Rainbow’s End.
- Auckland Botanic Gardens.
- Glenbrook Vintage Railway.
- Nikau Cave & Cafe.
- Miranda Hot Springs.
- Butterfly Forest.
- Bridal Veil Falls.
What is there to see between Auckland and Rotorua?
Below are our favourite stop-offs on your drive from Auckland to Rotorua:
- Stop 1: Hamilton Gardens.
- Stop 2: Lake Karapiro.
- Stop 3: Matamata – Hobbiton.
- Stop 4: Tirau.
- Stop 5 : Rotorua Canopy Tours.
What is there to do between Taupo and Auckland?
- We recommend: Zippy Auto.
- Matamata (161kms – 1 hour 52mins from Auckland) One of our main reasons for coming this way first is to stop off in one of our favourite locations in the North Island.
- Putaruru (29.5kms – 25 mins from Matamata)
- Tokoroa (22.3kms – 16 mins from Putaruru)
- Golf challenge.
- Huka Falls.
- Mine Bay.
What is there to do between Auckland and Napier?
The Mighty Pacific Coast Highway
- Auckland to Napier by campervan.
- First stop: Thames.
- Kauaeranga Kauri Trail (Pinnacles Walk)
- Hauraki Rail Trail.
- A secret beach.
- Hot Beaches of the Coromandel – Whitianga.
- Hahei Beach & Cathedral Cove.
- Hot Water Beach.
How do I get from Rotorua to Auckland?
Catch a cheap bus Auckland to Rotorua with InterCity. Buses from Auckland to Rotorua depart from the main InterCity bus terminal at 102 Hobson St (Auckland Central) or from Manukau City and arrives to the Rotorua i-Site, 1167 Fenton Street. The journey takes approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.