What are the five largest airports in Europe?
Top 10 Biggest Airports in Europe
- London Heathrow Airport, UK.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, France.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, the Netherlands.
- Frankfurt Airport, Germany.
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport, Spain.
- Barcelona–El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport, Spain.
- Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport, Rome, Italy.
What is the largest airport by area?
King Fahd International Airport
The King Fahd International Airport in Dammam, Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest airport property by area. Taking up nearly 300 square miles, King Fahd International is about the size of New York City.
What is the largest airport by square footage?
King Fahd International Airpor
The 10 Biggest Airports In The World
|Rank||Airport||Area (in sq. km)|
|1||King Fahd International Airpor||776|
|2||Denver International Airport||135.71|
|3||Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport||69.63|
|4||Orlando International Airport||53.83|
Which is the world’s biggest airport?
The top 10 largest airports in the world in 2021
- King Fahd International Airport (DMM) ~776 sq.km.
- Denver International Airport (DEN) ~135.7 sq.km.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) ~69.5 sq.km.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) ~52.6 sq.km.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) ~50.9 sq.km.
How big is the largest airport in Europe?
There are 11 very large airports in Europe, Rome Fiumicino Airport (43.5 million passengers in 2019) is just outside the top 10.
Which is the second busiest airport in Europe?
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport is the second busiest airport in Europe in terms of passenger numbers. Also known as Roissy Airport, it has 3 terminals that are connected by a free automated shuttle rail system. Charles de Gaulle is also one of the largest airports in Europe.
Which is not the biggest city in Europe?
Of the listed airports, only Frankfurt am Main Airport is not serving a capital or biggest city in a country. Due to their small size Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City do not have airports.
Which is the biggest airport in the world?
With 2 runways and 4 terminals, this is definitely the biggest airport in Europe. At a staggering number of 78 million passengers passed through its gates in 2017, Heathrow also became one of the busiest airports in the world.