What is the busiest airport in the world 2021?
Dubai International Airport
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Dubai International Airport, the world’s busiest airport for international travel, handled some 40% less passenger traffic in the first half of 2021, compared to the same period last year, its chief executive said Wednesday.
Is Heathrow the busiest airport in the world?
London Heathrow Airport is the busiest airport in Europe and the seventh busiest in the world with an impressive 78,012,825 passengers in 2017. Heathrow Airport is also the hub for one of the world’s largest and most influential airlines—British Airways.
What are the top 5 largest airports in the world?
Top 5 Largest Airports In The World In 2018
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport – ATL.
- Beijing Capital International Airport – PEK.
- Dubai International Airport – DXB.
- Los Angeles International – LAX.
- Tokyo Haneda Airport – HND. Tokyo Haneda was built in 1931 and was the largest civil airport in Japan (still is).
How are the busiest airports in the world measured?
The world’s busiest airports by passenger traffic are measured by total passengers (data from Airports Council International ), defined as passengers enplaned plus passengers deplaned plus direct-transit passengers.
Which is the ninth busiest airport in the world?
Shanghai’s Pudong International Airport is the ninth busiest airport in the world, having handled 66 million passengers in 2016. Although Shanghai is home to two airports, Pudong is the busier of the two by a landslide.
Which is the second busiest airport in the world?
2. Beijing Capital International Airport – 95,786,442. The world’s second busiest airport is China’s Beijing Capital International Airport. It is the main focal point of Air China, the People’s Republic of China’s flagship carrier wing, which carries passengers to more than 120 destinations.
Which is the busiest airport in South Korea?
Incheon or Seoul-Incheon International is the largest and busiest airport in the Republic of Korea. It is also one of the highly rated airports in the world. The airport was inaugurated in 2001 and was built to replace the older Gimpo International, which is currently functioning as South Korea’s secondary airport handling mostly domestic traffic.